Main Applications: This product is non-toxic, non-irritant and has good water solubility, compatibility, lubrication, adhesion and thermal stability. Thus, the PEG-300 series is suitable to prepare soft capsules. It has a broad compatibility with a variety of solvents, so it is a good solvent and solubilizer and is widely used in liquid preparations, such as the oral solution, eye drops, etc.
Packing Method:50kg plastic drum
Shelf Life: Three years
Quality Standard: CP2015
Storage and transportation: This product is non-toxic, flame retardant, as a general shipments of chemicals, sealed and stored in dry place.
Medical polyethylene glycol is also known as polyethylene oxide (PEO). Linear polyether was obtained by ring opening polymerization of ethylene oxide. The main applications in biomedical field are as follows:
1. Contact lens solution. The viscosity of polyethylene glycol aqueous solution is sensitive to shear rate and bacteria are not easy to grow on polyethylene glycol.
2. Synthetic lubricant. Ethylene oxide and water condensation polymer. In order to prepare the ointment matrix of water-soluble drugs, it can also be used as the solvent of acetylsalicylic acid, caffeine, nimodipine and other insoluble drugs for injection preparation.
3. Drug delivery and immobilized enzyme carrier. When polyethylene glycol aqueous solution was coated on the outer layer of the pill, the diffusion of the drug in the pill could be controlled to improve the efficacy.
4. Surface modification of medical polymer materials. The biocompatibility of medical polymer materials in contact with blood can be improved by adsorption, retention and grafting of amphiphilic copolymer containing polyethylene glycol on the surface of medical polymer materials.
5. Make alkanol contraceptive film.
6. Preparation of hydrophilic anticoagulant polyurethane.
7. Polyethylene glycol 4000 is an osmotic laxative, which can increase osmotic pressure, absorb water, soften stool, increase volume, and promote intestinal peristalsis and defecation.
8. Denture fixative. Polyethylene glycol was used as a component of denture fixative because of its non-toxic and gelling properties.
9. PEG 4000 and PEG 6000 are commonly used to promote cell fusion or protoplast fusion and help organisms (e.g. yeasts) absorb DNA during transformation. Peg can absorb the water in the solution, so it is also used to concentrate the solution.
10. In the experiment of studying protein molecules, we can simulate the crowded environment in vivo to verify the influence of crowding environment on protein structure
|Specifications||Appearance（25℃）||ColorandlustrePt-Co||HydroxylvaluemgKOH/g||Molecular weight||Solidification point℃||Water content（%）||PH value1%Aqueous solution）|
|PEG-300||Colorless transparent liquid||≤20||340~416||270~330||—||≤0.5||5.0～7.0|
Remarks: our company also provides various types of PEG series products.